Pages

Posts

29 Jun 2008

Post 52: Bon bloody Jovi

Yowser! I went to see Bon Jovi in concert at Twickenham last night and had a simply fantastic time. Let's get this straight, I'm not a massive Bon Jovi fan but I love stadium rock and if anyone can do stadium rock properly,it's Bon Jovi!
The evening was made up of great moments: The first of which was when they played 'blaze of glory', at school one of my favourite albums was 'young guns' so hearing the man himself play the main track from one of my favourite albums was a bit special. The music continued excellently and unrecognisable to my untrained ear but all with that distinctive stadium rock guitar sound that is so utterly hypnotic. The next thing that for some reason (!) stuck in my head is that about 10 yards away an incredibly beautiful girl started dancing in her bra! How rock and roll is that? The final thing that really stands out is how mental the place went for 'living on a prayer' including how it transformed Tanya from responsible carer temporarily into headbanging rock-chick. I think she must have still been high on the compliment she had received from a random chav/pikey/ne'er do well/local in the car park when he said ' I fink yaw gawjus' That made us both laugh. Anyway, like I said, I'm not much of a rock fan, but last nights gig was unrivallable (is that a word? It is now) as a spectacle and without a doubt Jon Bon Jovi is one of the worlds great performers, as well as one of the worlds better looking people, lucky bastard! It was also nice to see that they don't take themselves too seriously, slipping in some other material from time to time for a laugh. 'we will rock you' by queen, jumping Jack Flash' by the Stones and perhaps most unexpectedly 'shout' by Lulu and 'the Twist'. Unashamedly crowd pleasing. What have I done to deserve a friend like Tanya?

2 comments:

TanyaD said...

Thank you Dom, what an incredibly sweet thing to say. Its simple really, the age old adage of treat others the way you would like to be treated and I know how I would wish to be treated if I was in your shoes. Sssshhhh, just dont mention the driving ;-)

Simon said...

Dom, your Slayer and Saxon t-shirts are in the post.

Followers

stats


View My Stats