Pages

Posts

3 Sep 2008

Post 68: Beautiful Kath


A shorter ( and hopefully happier post today) I have always been a great appreciator of beauty, regular readers of this blog have probably noticed, yesterday I had a surprise visit from an old college friend and in her own right a very beautiful girl and beautiful person, Kathryn. Kath being Kath, rather than meticulously planning her visit like most people, I got a frantic phonecall asking me how to get here oh, and whether I was free in the afternoon. Luckily I was and she was able to make it. We chatted for a couple of hours. It's visits/chats like this that make life worth living. Kath and I have been mates since day one at college and know a lot of the same people so it's nice to catch up with someone so lovely and easy on the eyes. She's always full of interesting stories because she has gone down a very different path from most Oxford graduates because she has decided to be an actress. I have no doubt that one day she will 'make it'. At the moment her acting is very much from the 'Withnail and I' school, By this I mean it is a bit of a hand to mouth existence. Occasional theatre parts, sporadic roles in independent low budget films, showbiz parties full of luvvies, anecdotes, disasters, dramas, it wouldn't be for the faint hearted but it's always interesting, especially to listen to. It reminded me that memories and photographs are all very well and good but cannot replace the physical person.

No comments:

Followers

stats


View My Stats