Pages

Posts

23 May 2010

Post 209: Thoughts on weddings(pictures included))

I can relax a bit because I haven't got another wedding for a few more weeks and the next one promises to be fabulous because it is going to be the first gay marriage I've ever been to of my former colleague Dave marrying his long term partner Stephen. Both my parents have kindly been invited to look after me which promises to be a bit of a spectator sport because both my folks (gawd bless 'em) are a tad erm 'traditional' and I'm anticipating some sort of Prince Philip-esque
gaffe but hopefully something that falls far short of an 'incident' and nowhere near a 'scene' – this is Dave and Stephens big day, best behaviour will prevail, this goes well with the stiff upper lips my parents were both born with! Then add this to brilliant weddings my mum took me to last year, (Anna and Pauls in December (post 170)and Megan and Jons in August(post 150)) we like to think of Anna and Pauls as 'my big fat Greek Wedding because Anna is Maltese and lets just say a couple of her family might be near-ish to Mediterranean stereotypes. At Megans wedding Megan looked like a movie star (Jon scrubbed up alright too) and in July, our whole family are heading off to South Wales for my cousin Julies wedding to her boyfriend Luke, because of course, if you live in London (as my cousin does) it makes perfect sense to get married in Wales, all I need now is Richard Curtis
to come and weave a delightful romantic comedy out of this, I'll play the miserable posh bloke in a wheelchair! All these weddings are strangely life affirming but I do always wish it was my wedding sometimes(not the gay one)because I love an occasion and even though I can't stand Ross from Friends I do agree with him that it's nice to 'commit yourself to one person'. Because of my unfortunate circumstances I fear that I'll only ever be a guest and I'm grateful for that.
Changing the subject I've just got back from one of the best Sunday Roasts I've ever had with my great mates , Simon and Yvonne and their two very well behaved little terrors, Joseph and Isabel , Simon and I decided that the reason they behaved today was because Paul Brennan (the groom from the big fat greek wedding) wasn't there being ringmaster (a role he has played so well in the past)

2 comments:

mahesh said...

Wonderful information, I had come to know about your blog from my friend nandu , hyderabad,i have read at least 7 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your website gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new posts, once again hats off to you! Thanks a ton once again, Regards,
Fully Furnished office space for rent in KPHB Colony
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Paradaise Circle
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Khairathabad
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Hi-Tech City
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Secunderabad
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Hyderabad
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Kukatpally
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in HimayathNagar
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Ameerpet
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in S R Nagar
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in SD Road
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in SP Road
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Gachibowli
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Kondapur
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Madhapur
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Kavuri Hills
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Jubilee Hills
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Banjara Hills
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Panjagutta
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Somajiguda
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Rajbhavan Road
Fully Furnished Office Space for rent in Begumpet

Mathis357833 said...

we have it all for the special textile collector! Timeless Vixen strives to accommodate the best of every decade and posts new arrivals weekly!" informal wedding dresses

Followers

stats


View My Stats